MOOD Xmas Event 2.0
MOOD is moving toward the end of its 2nd year of implementation. This December, come and join us to celebrate MOOD’s achievements and partners’ efforts… from your home or office!
The MOOD coordination team is pleased to invite all MOOD partners at the online MOOD Xmas Event 2.0 on December 15th. This will be a lively 3-hour event featuring presentations around major research innovations and results that marked 2021, discussions and a moment of celebration all together!
- Welcome to the MOOD Xmas Event 2.0 by MOOD coordination
Session 1: COVID-19 – lessons learned two years after the pandemic
What are the major takeaways after two years in a global pandemic? A researcher point of view.
- Challenges in communicating modeling data during COVID-19 by Vittoria Colizza, Head of Research at INSERM (France)
Session 2: Exotic vector-borne diseases, global change and travel and risk of introduction, spread and installation in Europe
Presenters will illustrate their work on the risks of introduction, spread and establishment of chikungunya, dengue, and Zika virus in Europe, touching on ‘the how’ and ‘How better’ can Public Health and Veterinary Health agencies be prepared and respond to the increasing risks. Researchers will also explore how the different models developed can be adapted in the context of the European climate, mobility and other factors, as well as how can the models be transformed into actionable tools and services for European and international PH/VH agencies.
- Opening of the session – by Jeremy Bouyer, Research Director at CIRAD, France
- Innovative control methods against invasive Aedes mosquitoes – by Jeremy Bouyer, Research Director at CIRAD, France (presentation and discussion)
- Seasonal and interannual risks of dengue introduction from South-East Asia into China, 2005-2015 – by Shengjie Lai, Senior Research Fellow at University of South Hampton (UK) (presentation and discussion)
- Spatial modes for transmission of chikungunya virus during a large chikungunya outbreak in Italy: a modelling analysis – by Giorgio Guzzetta, Center for Information Technology, Fondazione Bruno Kessler (Italy) (presentation and discussion)
- Final remark & Xmas toast – by MOOD coordination
- Live concert with Flippin bitches (jazz music)
Registration is compulsory at the link in the invitation email.