- This event has passed.
Work Package 2 Pathogens and Disease Profiling Workshop: Tick Borne Diseases
October 1, 2020 @ 14:00 - 17:00 CEST
To develop the MOOD tools and services, the project uses a number of emerging pathogens and related diseases which can serve as models for related infections. Each model disease will be profiled in WP2 based on literature review and expert input.
Each “profile” will summarize the available knowledge about a number of specific topics for each disease or pathogen:
- the biological, ecological and molecular features of the causative agent;
- the natural history of disease in humans and vectors, including symptoms, morbidity and mortality;
- availability of preventive, therapeutic and control measures, including licensed or pipelined vaccines;
- the epidemiological situation, past and current trends at different spatial scales;
- the sociological and demographical dimension affecting susceptibility and exposure, including gender;
- diagnostic procedures and notification systems used at local, national and European scale;
- the infrastructure capacity to identify pathogens for each member state;
- the estimated influence of environmental change on the disease future trends.
- An overview, provided by WP2 leading experts, on the major ecological and epidemiological features
which characterize those tick borne diseases of interest for MOOD, i.e. TBE and Lyme disease, including
methodology for systematic literature review.
- The identification of literature search and research priorities, based also on the outcomes of the End Users
- A list of topics and task that need to be further discussed, developed and shared among partners which will
collaborate with the WP2 leader in producing the expected outputs
- An updated list of co-variates of interest for each disease to be used during the project for modelling
purposes ( a table will be circulated before the meeting to be filled by participants);
The workshop will be held online (Google Meet) on October 1 from 2 – 5 PM CET.
This workshop is open to MOOD participants with special interest in Tick Borne diseases, from genomics to ecology and modelling. It is open to all WPs members who will require to participate.
Annapaola Rizzoli, Fondazione Edmund Mach – Italy