- This event has passed.
Eighth International Meeting on Emerging Diseases and Surveillance, IMED 2021.
November 4, 2021 - November 6, 2021
MOOD’s partner, the Internation Society for Infectious Disease, is organizing an international conference -IMED 2021, that will be held virtually from November 4-6, 2021. In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and to allow global participation, IMED 2021 is once again sharing breakthroughs in the emerging diseases community with leading scientists, clinicians, policy makers, veterinarians, and ecologists. Given IMED’s One Health focus, content aims at discussing how to detect, monitor, understand, prevent, and respond to outbreaks of emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases and toxic exposures across all species and regions of the world.
In contribution to the IMED 2021, MOOD is participating with 1 oral presentation: “Co-circulation of SARS-CoV-2 Variants of Concern Alpha and Gamma in Italy“, by MOOD partners Paola Stefanelli, Filippo Trentini, Giorgio Guzzetta, Mattia Manica , Valentina Marziano, Martina Del Manso, Xanthi Andrianou, Marco Ajelli, Gianni Rezza, Silvio Brusaferro, and Stefano Merler.
In addition, there will be 7 e-posters:
- Social Network Data and Epidemiological Intelligence: A Case Study of Avian Influenza (SCHAEFFER Camille, INTERDONATO Roberto, LANCELOT Renaud, Mathieu ROCHE, Maguelonne TEISSEIRE);
- How to improve the Epidemic Intelligence Practices in Public / Veterinary Health Agencies: the MOOD’s way (R Lancelot, F Bouyer, A Binot-Herder, C Ruault, E Arsevska, C Hautefeuille, C. Proietti, T Kwan-Tat, C Trévennec, A Mercier, C Dupuy, T Lefrançois, T Dub, J Sane, H Makela, W Van Bortel, E Van Kleef, A Rizzoli, L Busani, W Wint, M Teisseire, M Roche, B Martins, V Colizza, M Gilbert, J Artois, S Dellicour, C Poletto, C Marsboom, T Hengl, I Wheeler);
- Spatial Opinion Mining from COVID-19 Twitter Data (SYED Mehtab Alam, Rémy DECOUPES, Elena ARSEVSKA, Mathieu ROCHE, Maguelonne TEISSEIRE •Mathematical modelling of COVID-19: a systematic review and quality assessment in the early epidemic response phase (Ines Dhaoui, Wim Van Bortel, Elena Arsevska, Claire Hautefeuille, Sara Tablado Alonso, Esther van Kleef);
- Understanding Outbreak Data Dissemination In Event Based Surveillance Systems. Application On Avian Influenza Using PADI-web (B. Boudoua et al.)
- West Nile Virus in Africa: Current Epidemiological Situation and Knowledge Gaps (Giulia Mencattelli, Marie Henriette Dior Ndione, Roberto Rosà, Giovanni Marini, Cheikh Tidiane Diagne, Moussa Moise Diagne, Gamou Fall, Ousmane Faye, Mawlouth Diallo, Oumar Faye, Giovanni Savini, Annapaola Rizzoli);
- Predicting rodent population dynamics as early warning for zoonotic disease transmission (Giovanni Marini, Annapaola Rizzoli, Valentina Tagliapietra).